Re: Web Development with Database

From: Jim Caley <caley(at)chesco(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: David Link <dlink(at)soundscan(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Web Development with Database
Date: 2001-10-17 20:40:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Josh,

No, not exactly true. They closed the source for the *enterprise* (J2EE)
edition -- which AFAIK had never been approved for production use in the first
place -- due to Sun's licensing restrictions.

Enhydra Classic (see the second URL in my original post) is still open source,
and Lutris has emphasized that it will continue to be so. See the interview
with Lutris' president Yancy Lind on JDJ, particularly the last two sentences on
this page:
http://www.sys-con.com/java/article2a.cfm?id=1182&count=9258&tot=8&page=7. The
beginning of the article including the interview is at
http://www.sys-con.com/java/article.cfm?id=1182.

IMHO, Enhydra Classic remains a very nice alternative to use with Postgresql.

Regards,
Jim