Re: [HACKERS] CVS changes

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CVS changes
Date: 2001-10-02 04:04:17
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

> Since when doe sa doc build, or docs of any kind, hold up beta? docs are
> 'fluid' up until a week before release,as they have always been ...

Sure. I think that the consensus was that a docs snapshot *should* be
available at the beginning of beta, and there are other issues which
seem to be showstoppers. All of which will be resolved soon I'm sure.

afaik we would like to be in beta RSN, but I have a few more catalog
changes to make so if everything else were in place we would still want
to wait a day or two.

Lots that would be uncovered in beta is being addressed now, and I sense
an increase in the number of things being fixed and improved (a common
sign that people are stepping up their efforts to support the release)
so there is no need for a quick fix on any one thing.

> last I heard from petere, there were tools that need to be installed, and
> were installed, ont eh server for the builds ... Peter, did I miss
> something in that, or was it just waiting for ftp.postgresql.org to be on
> the new server?

Not sure about that. I started to refresh the doc build procedure but
stopped when I couldn't figure out where the docs would go afterwards. I
*think* I now know where that would be, but we are not to the point
where I can actually write files there. And if developer.postgresql.org
doesn't share disks with my home directory and the cvs repository, I'm
looking at having to do a few more tweaks to move these things around
from whatever the best "build machine" would be.

btw, in the machine info I've had before today,
"developer.postgresql.org" didn't show up. So I'll still claim to be
confused over what machines, aliases, and virtual machines are coming
online, how they relate to each other, what disks they will see, etc
etc. To quote an old advertisement down here, "inquiring minds want to
know...". ;)

- Thomas

- Thomas