Re: CVS changes

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CVS changes
Date: 2001-10-01 20:57:04
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
> Vince, can I have write permision to /usr/local/www/www/html/docs on the
> new web server machine so I can create symbolic links to the files in my
> home directory?

??!!

Bruce, what is actually happening here? If we are changing procedures
for building docs, please try to have a discussion about it first. What
are you trying to accomplish that is anything but what has already been
implemented?

If we are taking the role of "central doc build process" away from me,
istm that Peter E would be an appropriate choice for the replacement.

The fundamental problem is not that there is no docs building procedure.
It is that the docs destination area disappeared several weeks ago and
is nowhere to be seen.

                        - Thomas