Re: Moving CVS files around?

From: Stefan Rindeskar <sr(at)globecom(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Moving CVS files around?
Date: 2001-10-01 12:12:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
When moving files in CVS I usually use the cvs add/cvs remove in the same
commit with -m something like 'Changed location/name for file xxx to yyy'.

That way you have trace in the log about what happened to a file as both
old/new name/location.

Maybe not the nicest way but it usually works fine and I haven't found a
better way yet.

IMHO you should just do it and not worry about the history. If someone wants
to read it they will have to issue a few more commands and as time
progresses there are usually less and less interest in the old history. It's
better than start fiddling around with CVS-files.

/Stefan