Re: blobs in a client/server environment

From: Matt Fair <matt(at)netasol(dot)com>
To: Pete Jewell <pete(at)example(dot)compulink(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: blobs in a client/server environment
Date: 2001-09-27 14:51:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I did set the  encoding to UNICODE and it still does not show the blob
My error from the JIMI library is the following:

Error getting remote image: Cannot find encoder for type: png
com.sun.jimi.core.JimiException: Cannot find encoder for type: png
        at com.sun.jimi.core.JimiWriter.<init>(
        at com.sun.jimi.core.Jimi.putImage(
        at org.opensimpx.client.gui.ClientGUI.setupGUI(
        at org.opensimpx.client.gui.ClientGUI.<init>(
        at org.opensimpx.client.gui.ClientGUI.main(
        at org.opensimpx.client.login.Login.startClient(
        at org.opensimpx.client.login.Login.main(

So it does read the stream as a png.  I don't think this is a JIMI
library error, since I have created many images with the jimi library,
and it is very easy to use.  It must be something that I missed.

I will look at it again and see what else I can do with the database.

Any ideas?

Thank you,