Re: OS version for driver

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Mihai Gheorghiu <tanethq(at)earthlink(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OS version for driver
Date: 2001-09-26 17:45:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
The jdbc driver is OS independent.  It doesn't matter which platform the
driver is compiled on, it will run on any platform that supports a java
runtime.

As far as jdk1.2 vs jdk1.3 goes, a driver compiled by a 1.2 jdk will
work fine under jdk1.3.  The code is identical for these two jdk
releases.  If you are using jdk1.1 (and thus jdbc1) you will need to use
a version specifically compiled for jdk1.1 (although it to should still
run under a 1.2 or 1.3 jdk, however you will not be able to use any
jdbc2 methods since they are not part of the code that is built under
jdk1.1).

thanks,
--Barry