how to change or set password for a database

From: hodges(at)xprt(dot)net
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to change or set password for a database
Date: 2001-09-22 17:55:04
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have postgres running on a redhat 7.1 install.  I am getting
permission denied when trying to run a php script thru
localhost (php is running also).

Actually just trying to set up a local copy of a database so
I can do development work locally.  The remote database has
a password (the connect script used there includes a password)
but I can find nothing in the documentation on how to set or
change a database password.

Please reply to hodges(at)xprt(dot)net

Thanks, Tom

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: hodgesDate: 2001-09-22 18:47:55