Re: Status of ODBC driver managers on Unix

From: Nick Gorham <nick(at)lurcher(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of ODBC driver managers on Unix
Date: 2001-09-22 07:26:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> But another thing that occurred to me is that if you want to use ODBC on
> Unix for ApplixWare or StarOffice you don't necessarily have a driver
> manager installed with header files and such, so we probably need to keep
> the standalone version.

Well last time I looked ApplixWare shipped with the unixODBC DM libs

There is a different way you could do this. the patch I sent made the build
use the unixODBC header files in the compile and then link with libodbcinst,
thats the clean way IMHO. However, you could continue using the header files
that are in the odbc directory, and just add a option to disable the builtin
SQLGetPrivateProfile and link in a libodbcinst. the configure option would
just need to point to the libodbcinst.

--
Nick Gorham
Don't worry, be happy