rpm .spec issues (python, tk)

From: "James A(dot) Pattie" <james(at)pcxperience(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rpm .spec issues (python, tk)
Date: 2001-09-18 12:49:35
Lists: pgsql-patches
When trying to rebuild PostgreSQL 7.1.3 from source rpm last night on a
RH 7.0 box w/ all updates I ran into the
following issues.

When specifying --define 'python 0' it still requires python-devel
packages (which are not installed).  The attached patch should fix that
unless there is a reason that python-devel is needed for the other packages?

It then blew up with an error trying to build the tkpkg saying it
couldn't find some X related headers (I don't have X-devel installed),
so I did a --define 'tkpkg 0' and it then failed trying to install
pgaccess/pgaccess.  Should the .spec require X-devel as a prereq when
building the tkpkg?  Should we wrap the pgaccess installation section in
checks to make sure that tkpkg has been defined and built?

--
James A. Pattie
james(at)pcxperience(dot)com

Linux  --  SysAdmin / Programmer
PC & Web Xperience, Inc.
http://www.pcxperience.com/

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Barry LindDate: 2001-09-20 04:19:21