Re: accumulate setof ?

From: Bo Lorentsen <bl(at)netgroup(dot)dk>
To: Jason Tan <jason(at)rebel(dot)rebel(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: accumulate setof ?
Date: 2001-09-17 06:29:59
Lists: pgsql-novice
Jason Tan wrote:

> Not helpful,but maye setof isnt designed to be used how you are trying to
> use it.(ie maybe there si no operator for concatenationg  data to a
> setof).

This is exactly my problem. I know how to declare and select values, and return a
set of integers, but I'm not able to append values myself from a plpgsql script.

I have tried to look into the function list "\df", but nothing really seems to do
what I need, and I have also tried more naive atempts like : "ilst := ilst + 1"
or even "ilst := [1,2,3]", but with no luck :-)

> I am goignto play with this a ibit more when I get time, because pl/pgsql
> interests me, but it probalby wont be for a while.

Sad, I do like to hear from you again if you ever get to this, as it would make
my life much more easy (and my database faster :-))

/BL