Re: SocketException on connect, busy server

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Rene Pijlman <rene(at)lab(dot)applinet(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SocketException on connect, busy server
Date: 2001-09-13 15:34:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my late rereply!

I should of course have mentioned that we use FreeBSD-4.3.

I doubt we open postgres connections at that rate, but quite
possibly HTTP and other protocols, but that is different ports.
Postgres connections are pooled, and we don't even allow 268
connections, so...

I don't really think there is problem with the TCP
implementation in FreeBSD, but maybe I can tweak som
parameters. I'll read about the stuff and see what I can come
up with. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

/Palle

--