Re: Porting to Native WindowsNT/2000

From: "Dwayne Miller" <dmiller(at)espgroup(dot)net>
To: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Porting to Native WindowsNT/2000
Date: 2001-09-02 04:33:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, for one.... I have no idea what cygwin is, or what it does to
your system, or what security vulnerabilities it might add to your
system. It comes with alot of stuff that I may or may not need, but
what components I need to run Postgres is not clear.

Two.... could Postgres be made more efficient on Windows if it ran
without cygwin?

Three.... can you start cygwin programs on startup of the system?