Re: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison.

From: David Ford <david(at)blue-labs(dot)org>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison.
Date: 2001-08-29 18:36:31
Lists: pgsql-general
Justin Clift wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I'm willing to put this on techdocs.postgresql.org, as long as I feel
>it's been written for the right reasons.
>
>i.e. I'm all for a document(s) which helps people needing a good, solid,
>Open Source database needing transactions, ACID features, etc.  But, I'm
>definitely not for a document which will incite PostgreSQL-vs-MySQL
>warfare and not try and get people to choost the appropriate product(s).
>
>:)
>
>Regards and best wishes,
>
>Justin Clift

Make it represent the pure facts, make both sides 'look good', where
there is deficiency, report the roadmap for fixing the deficiency.  Note
well the difference between deficiency and differing opinions as to how
something should be done.

-d

--
>:>
I may have the information you need and I may choose only HTML.  It's up to you.