Error Codes, JDBC, SQLExceptions

From: Wieger Uffink <wieger(at)usmedia(dot)nl>
To: PostgreSQL-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error Codes, JDBC, SQLExceptions
Date: 2001-08-24 14:33:41
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Hi,

Im accessesing a postgreSQL db through JDBC, and I would like take make
use of the method, getErrorCode in the SQLException class as in
java.sql.

So far I have been able to retreive exception messages but not the error
codes in case of an SQL exception.

I would like to know if postgreSQL propegates any errorcodes at all,
since I found some post earlier on this list saying it was not
implemented, but that post didnt refer to any specific version. If it is
could someone also point out to me where these codes are defined?

I could ofcourse base my excepion handling on the messages but I'd
rather use codes.

thanks in advance,
Wieger
--