Execute permsissions on fuctions

From: "Zot O'Connor" <zot(at)zotconsulting(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Execute permsissions on fuctions
Date: 2001-08-23 18:52:25
Lists: pgsql-sql
Other SQL servers have the concept of stored procedures having different

For instance a procedure that can update a table.

Since a web site typically connects as the webuser (or equiv postgres
user), I do not want to offer update to the webuser.

The way I have done this elsewhere is to create a stored procedure that
could update the table, and allow the webuser to update the table.  The
procedure had perms of a user who could update the table, but the
webuser could not.

How can I do this in Postgres?

Zot O'Connor

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Murray HobbsDate: 2001-08-23 19:07:52