Re: Postgresql log analyzer

From: Gilles DAROLD <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql log analyzer
Date: 2001-08-23 12:35:47
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I have updated the drafts for pg log analyzer especially for EXPLAIN output.
What do you want to see as statistics result. Currently I only output the following:

- scan type
- startup cost
- total cost
- number of rows returned
- and the width

There's certainly other usefull information but I don't know. Please let me know !

Note:

This is a simple draft to show what can be done, as a general purpose it will include:

- A configuration file (to choose what should be reported, paths, etc...)
or/and command line args
- An index page with resume of all reports
- Incremental scan working on full or rotate log

For other good requests it's done...

Let me know any other requests otherwise I will publish the first release at least on
monday
if not tomorow !

http://www.samse.fr/GPL/log_report/

Regards,