Re: New CVS doesn't compile

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Johann Zuschlag <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>, "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New CVS doesn't compile
Date: 2001-08-21 08:51:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> >
> > > Hmm you don't seem to be linking odbcapi30.obj.
> >
> > Which is unsurprising considering that the currently-committed
> > odbc/GNUmakefile doesn't call for it.
>
> He is compiling under Windows because he uses VC++.
> I may have taken a mistake in changing win32.mak too.

nmake /f win32.mak  seems to work here.
Johann, please add odbcapi.c and odbcapi.c to your project
if you are working on your own project.
Oh please don't forget to download the latest snapshot
before doing it.

> > I just retrieved current CVS of interfaces/odbc, and I can report that
> > it doesn't even begin to compile on Unix: there are literally thousands
> > of lines of error reports.  The major problem seems to be that there is
> > no definition anywhere for SQLRETURN, so pgapifunc.h is completely broken.
>
> Oops sorry, I didn't think someone would try to complie on UNIX
> at once. OK I would fix the compile error.

I've just fixed those errors at least on linux and cygwin
though I don't guarantee the driver to work in reality.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue