Re: Oracle Streams to pgsql

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Jeff Fisher <jeff(dot)ironlegs(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle Streams to pgsql
Date: 2007-01-15 03:00:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Dec 12, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Jeff Fisher wrote:
> Does anyone have any information about using Oracle streams to
> update a
> pgsql database? I'm trying to move all of our reporting and
> datawarehousing to a postgres database. This needs to be updated as
> our main Oracle database is upated. Oracle streams would be ideal.

Sorry for the late reply, but since no one else posted...

I'm not familiar with Oracle Streams off-hand, and I don't have
access to look it up right now, so I don't know if that would work or
not. I know that it's possible to setup replication from Oracle to
PostgreSQL since others (OmniTI in particular) have done it.
EnterpriseDB can also replicate between Oracle and PostgreSQL, but
you might have to buy a copy (I don't remember the licensing on the
replicator off-hand).
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net