Re: Filemaker and pgsql

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: charlie derr <cderr(at)simons-rock(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Filemaker and pgsql
Date: 2001-07-24 01:18:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc
charlie derr wrote:
> Meanwhile, I have some simple questions about how to set things up on
> linux (where my postgresql is installed).  I have tried both iodbc and
> unixODBC, but so far haven't had any success yet.

unixODBC has its own driver for PostgreSQL and the name is Probably you could get the library automatically
when you install unixODBC.

> I assume that I'm
> supposed to use as my driver, but iodbc just seems to
> crash when i try to use that for a driver,

Please check the following if you'd like to use the driver
with iODBC.

1) Use ~/.odbc.ini(user DSN) for odbc.ini.
2) Never insert tabs between keywords and '='.
3) Keywords are case sensitive. i.e Servername, Database,
   Port, Username, Password, ReadOnly ...

Hiroshi Inoue