Re: Filemaker and pgsql

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: charlie derr <cderr(at)simons-rock(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Filemaker and pgsql
Date: 2001-07-24 01:18:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

charlie derr wrote:

> Meanwhile, I have some simple questions about how to set things up on
> linux (where my postgresql is installed). I have tried both iodbc and
> unixODBC, but so far haven't had any success yet.

unixODBC has its own driver for PostgreSQL and the name is
libodbcpsql.so. Probably you could get the library automatically
when you install unixODBC.

> I assume that I'm
> supposed to use libpsqlodbc.so as my driver, but iodbc just seems to
> crash when i try to use that for a driver,

Please check the following if you'd like to use the driver
with iODBC.

1) Use ~/.odbc.ini(user DSN) for odbc.ini.
2) Never insert tabs between keywords and '='.
3) Keywords are case sensitive. i.e Servername, Database,
Port, Username, Password, ReadOnly ...

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue