problen in starting the naming service using the JDBC driver!

From: Namrata <nlabade(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>
To: djbcpg <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: problen in starting the naming service using the JDBC driver!
Date: 2001-07-13 05:33:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi there,

I am trying to start the naming service using the visibroker. I want to use the postgres JDBC Driver with naming service JDBC adapter.

I did necessary changes in the property file for naming service, changes done are specific to postgres JDBC driver.

I am getting the error while starting the naming service as given below.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Runtime: method addShutdownHook(Ljava/lang/Thread;)V not found
at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionHook.<init>(ConnectionHook.java:54)
at <Unloaded Method>
at <Unloaded Method>
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Compiled Code)
at com.inprise.vbroker.naming.JDBCConnection.<init>(Compiled Code)
at com.inprise.vbroker.naming.JDBCFactory.<init>(JDBCFactory.java:24)
at com.inprise.vbroker.naming.FactoryBuilder.<init>(FactoryBuilder.java:80)
at com.inprise.vbroker.naming.FactoryBuilder.<init>(FactoryBuilder.java:24)
at com.inprise.vbroker.naming.ExtFactory.main(ExtFactory.java:17)

I am not getting that what should be done to make naming service start with postgres JDBC Driver. Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Namrata.