newbie question

From: jim davis <jdavis(at)amphi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: newbie question
Date: 2001-07-11 16:29:11
Lists: pgsql-novice
Ok, I have used the bata version of "An Elephant Never Forgets" (and
ordered it too) to install PostgreSQL on my SuSE linux box at home.  I
don't know if this question belongs here or on the ODBC list... Anyway,
when I start the server in the foreground (so I can see the debug codes)
and then I try to connect to it though the pg ODBC driver on a win2k
box, I see an error flash by that says, "FATAL 1: Database Template0 not
accepting connections" and needless to say the win2k box cant connect.
Any idea?  Do I need to re-post this on the ODBC list?
--
-Jim Davis
Network Coordinator II

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Frank HilliardDate: 2001-07-11 17:07:43