QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: QUERY - Including the new LDP PostgreSQL HOWTO in the main PostgreSQL distribution
Date: 2001-07-09 04:30:04
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Hi all,

We've had the go-ahead from the Linux Documentation Project (LDP) guys
to create a new PostgreSQL HOW-TO for a while now. I was going to start
it off just to make sure we had something, so that it could be put
around instead of Al Dev's Database Guide (the bad one).

Well, I haven't had time. Here's my thought, I'd like to know what
people think.

- How about we create a new PostgreSQL HOW-TO, have it as part of the
main distribution, and have that be the one which the LDP guys use?

They use DocBook format, as do we, and I feel this will allow us to keep
a very in-sync relationship between the new PostgreSQL HOW-TO and the
present version.

It also means that no one person has total control of it, and it can be
contributed to by anyone that has a suggestion and/or can generate a
diff.

So, what do people think?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,