Re: Postmaster 7.1.2 hanging

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Clift <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postmaster 7.1.2 hanging
Date: 2001-07-07 06:08:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

I had to kill -9 the postmaster process and go from there about 2
minutes after sending that email.  Although the data wasn't important,
the availability of PostgreSQL on the server was.  Had to get it up and
running again asap.

If it happens again, I'll attach a debugger to the postmaster process as
you've suggested and see what it thinks is going on.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift