RE: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success

From: Horak Daniel <horak(at)mmp(dot)plzen-city(dot)cz>
To: "'Thomas G(dot) Lockhart'" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] NT port of PGSQL - success
Date: 1998-10-09 11:15:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Most of us aren't NT propellerheads, but now that a port might be
> available I'm sure the mailing lists will get more folks who
> are. Then a
> tremendous step forward such as you've take will be greeted with more
> enthusiasm :)

My primary development is Linux/i386 but NT with Cugwin is almost Unix -
command line utilities, gcc, ... And the clients want M$...

> > - many other tests failed due to not having the dynamicly
> loaded code
> > in DLLs
>
> Is DLL support so different that it will never work, or have
> you not had
> time to look at it?

It is only not so simple to create shared library in Cygwin as in Linux.
There are some makefiles that creates DLL "automagicly". It needs 5
step, 2 or 3 temporary files but it possible... There can be "DLL in
Cygwin" gurus ...

				Dan Horak

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Horak DanielDate: 1998-10-09 11:29:05
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] version functions (was NT port of PGSQL - success)