unicode regular insensitive matching

From: Jan Poslusny <pajout(at)gingerall(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unicode regular insensitive matching
Date: 2001-06-28 18:41:04
Lists: pgsql-general

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:32:08 +0200
From: Jan Poslusny <pajout(at)gingerall(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql

I am newbie in postgreSQL and I have this problem with 7.1.2 version:
I configured via
./configure
--enable-locale
--enable-multibyte=UNICODE
--enable-unicode-conversion
--enable-recode
then I succesfully gmake, gmake check, gmake install,
then I initdb -E UNICODE,
then I createdb -E UNICODE.

but

select myfield from mytable where myfield ~* 'MiXeD national-specific
characters' order by myfield

is _NOT_ case insensitive and not ordered according to locales (if I
create another db with LATIN2 charset, all is OK)

Can anybody hint me ?
regards
pajout