Re: Error handling in ODBC

From: stellaris <stellaris(at)chariot(dot)net(dot)au>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error handling in ODBC
Date: 2001-06-19 12:15:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi All,
I tried to post this yesterday, but I think there was a problem
somewhere along the line.

I have a problem which I am hoping you will be able to help me with. I
have Redhat 7.1 with Postgres 7.0. I am accessing this from my windoze
machine running PowerBuilder 7, using the 0005 ODBC driver. This has
been working wonderfully well, but the other day we loaded more data in
preparation of using the system in a production environment, when all of
a sudden (with no changes in code) we started getting an error. The
message returned to PowerBuilder was simply Select Error:.

What I have done is generated a trace of the ODBC connection, I won't
bore you with it all. But here is the relevant error message:
Error 2 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE = 01004
The buffer was too small for the result.; Unknown connect option (Set)

1st question: Does anyone know what the problem is? Or what this error
message means?
2nd question: Where can I get a list of the sqlstate errors that are
returned from PostgreSQL? I have looked around the doco's but I
couldn't find anything. (thats not to say that it's not there, but just
that I didn't find it)

Many thanks

Mike Zbierski