Re: Upgraded to Red Hat 7.1, now my DB is toast?

From: Eric Walstad <eric(at)walstads(dot)net>
To: "J(dot) J(dot) Franzen" <jfranzen(at)cinenet(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgraded to Red Hat 7.1, now my DB is toast?
Date: 2001-06-06 15:36:45
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi JJ

When I start my postmaster without specifying the -D option I get the
same error. Here's how I start mine (as user "postgres"):

postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -i -d 2 -o "-d 2" >>
/path/to/log/file.log 2>&1 &

That's all on one line, of course. The -D option specifies the location
of the data directory your postmaster is complaining about.

Hope that helps,

Eric.