Seq Scan

From: Linh Luong <linh(dot)luong(at)computalog(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seq Scan
Date: 2001-05-28 16:23:36
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi,

I am trying to execute this query I wrote and it is not returning at a
reasonable time to the browser.  I took the query and ran EXPLAIN on it
and it displayed that every JOIN I do it is doing a Seq Scan on it.  I
have indexes on that table but it doesn't seem to use it.

Is there a way I can ensure that postgres will use my indexes?

Thanks again

Linh

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Dave CramerDate: 2001-05-28 17:08:23