External search engine, advice

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: External search engine, advice
Date: 2001-05-18 23:23:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have an external search engine system which plugs in to postgres. I use a few
C functions to interface the search daemon with the Postgres back-end.

The best that I have been able to do is do a "select" for each result. I have a
live demo/test site:

http://www.mohawksoft.com/search.php3, and the PHP source code is at
http://www.mohawksoft.com/ftss_example.txt.

I would love to get the results with one select statement, but have, to date,
been unable to figure out how. Anyone with any ideas?