Error Retrieving Date Fields from tables

From: Bhuvaneswari <bhuvana(at)linux(dot)ceedees(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error Retrieving Date Fields from tables
Date: 2001-05-12 08:26:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
hai,
I am developing some projects using postgresql-jdbc in RedHat Linux
6.5.2. When I store date fields in a table, it is stored with the
correct format I have specified, when we are viewing in psql. But, when
it comes with the program using jdbc, date field's format is changed.
Eg, table field looks like '04/04/2001' but, when it comes with JTable
or JTextField, it is shown in a reverse format like '2001/04/04'. I
tried to set up the Date format manually in the program, but retrieves
the same error. Also, I made a change in psql as 'set date to 'European'

and other formats' which does not produce any change. What is the
problem and how it could be overcome. Please do reply. Thanks in
advance.
bhuvana.

pgsql-jdbc by date