Re: MS Access97 Postgres ODBC problems

From: "Tom(dot)Bakken" <Tom(dot)Bakken(at)tx(dot)usda(dot)gov>
To: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Access97 Postgres ODBC problems
Date: 2001-05-07 21:26:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

After trying several unsuccessful fixes, we created a time stamp field, and had
access provide it using the now() function. Viola, success.

It's not an elegant fix, but it works.

For those who responded, much thanks.

Cedar Cox wrote:

> As you probably know, this is an Access problem/limitation/call it what
> you want... Read again what Michael said. I guess you are updating the
> data from a form? If so, make sure the primary key is included in the
> data set used for the form, _even if it's not used_. The primary key is
> used when doing updates, etc. Also, make sure Access knows that the
> primary key is the primary key. You may find this FAQ helpful:
> http://www.scw.org/pgaccess
>
> -Cedar
>
> On Fri, 4 May 2001, Tom.Bakken wrote:
>
> > The table we're having trouble with is a very important one that most other
> > tables in the database are either directly or indirectly linked to. I'm using
> > a sequence (set up as emp_id SERIAL) when the table is created. I then set the
> > sequence starting point as follows:

Tom Bakken
Information Resource Manager
USDA, Rural Development
101 South Main, Suite 102
Temple, TX 76501

Phone: 254-742-9726 Fax: 254-742-9709
Email: tom(dot)bakken(at)tx(dot)usda(dot)gov