7.2 feature request

From: Chad La Joie <clajoie(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.2 feature request
Date: 2001-04-23 03:32:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What I'd like to see in 7.2 is a WAL API with the following
functionality:
* Get the latest transaction in the WAL
* Get transaction, transId, from the WAL
* Was a given transaction rolled back?

What I don't want to have to worry about is all the internals needed for
writting the log. I shouldn't need to know if a new seagment was
created, when and where checkpoints are made, etc.

Perhaps there could be a small library for just reading stuff the WAL
file?

The second suggestion I have is one I alreay alluded to and would offer
to help work on. Namely replication for Postgres. Given the simple API
listed above I already have a roughed out design for replication deamon.

Just some suggestions.