Re: How to configure iodbc access to local postgres db?

From: Rob Yampolsky <ryampols(at)cjds(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to configure iodbc access to local postgres db?
Date: 2001-04-21 02:40:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-odbc pgsql-ports

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Please try the following.
>
> 1) Use ~/.odbc.ini instead of ODBCINI.
> 2) psqlodbc driver doesn't see the 'Host' entry.
> Replace the 'Host' entry by 'Servername' entry.
> 3) Set a valid user name to the 'Username' Entry.
> 4) Remove blanks around '='. For example,
> Driver=/usr/lib/libsqlodbc.so.0
>
> Good luck.
> Hiroshi Inoue

Not to sound too dense, but having loaded all the Postgres RPM's from my
MDK 7.2 CD, and seeing that there is a /usr/bin/libpgsqlodbc.so out
there, can I even assume I have all the pieces I need to get ODBC access
working? I downloaded, built and installed the iodbc driver manager from
source. There was a libodbc.a already on my system, but I wasn't able to
get it to work, and I had used iodbc before on an AIX system.

How about the Postgres setup itself. It looks like the default init.d
script got postmaster started with the -i option (to enable network
connections), but is that (or anything else) even needed to get the ODBC
driver to work.

I'll try your suggestions tomorrow at work and report back.

Thanks for responding,
Rob