Re: Driver errors with Autocad (please help)

From: "Andrea Aime" <aaime(at)comune(dot)modena(dot)it>
To: Postgres ODBC <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Driver errors with Autocad (please help)
Date: 2001-04-19 15:56:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I begin to see some light now that I've spent some hours looking
at the logs and at the source code. Autocad first prepares a
statement with SQLPrepare, and the statement looks like:
"SELECT CLASSE FROM tav974 WHERE SIAPK974=?"
Then it calls SQLNumResultCols, which in turn calls SC_pre_execute
and finally SQLExecute wich fails because there is still no
parameter binding. If I set "Parse statements = 1" then SQLNumResultCols
runs fine and returns 1, but the subsequent SQLDescribeCol fails
because it calls SC_pre_execute... That happens in the following code
(from results.c):

if (stmt->parse_status != STMT_PARSE_FATAL && stmt->fi &&
stmt->fi[icol])
{
	if (icol >= stmt->nfld)
	{
		stmt->errornumber = STMT_INVALID_COLUMN_NUMBER_ERROR;
		stmt->errormsg = "Invalid column number in DescribeCol.";
		SC_log_error(func, "", stmt);
		return SQL_ERROR;
	}
	mylog("DescribeCol: getting info for icol=%d\n", icol);

	fieldtype = stmt->fi[icol]->type;
	col_name = stmt->fi[icol]->name;
	precision = stmt->fi[icol]->precision;

	mylog("PARSE: fieldtype=%d, col_name='%s', precision=%d\n", fieldtype,
col_name, precision);
	if (fieldtype > 0)
		parse_ok = TRUE;
	}
}

	/*
	 * If couldn't parse it OR the field being described was not parsed
	 * (i.e., because it was a function or expression, etc, then do it the
	 * old fashioned way.
	 */
	if (!parse_ok)
	{
		SC_pre_execute(stmt);   <======= HERE!!!!!!!

Now, it seems that this happens because stmt->fi[icol] doesn't get
properly initialized... ok, how can I solve it? Any suggestion would be
much appreciated.
Regards
Andrea Aime