C code problem

From: John Burski <John(dot)Burski(at)911ep(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: C code problem
Date: 2001-04-17 13:42:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.3 on a Red Hat 6.1 box and am having a bit of
trouble with some C code.

I'm able to connect to the database OK (host = localhost, hostaddr =
127.0.0.1, dbname = template1, user = postgres (the superuser), password
= whatever), but a PGRES_NONFATAL_ERROR status results from the
following query:

result = PQexec ( dbc, "SELECT * FROM pg_user" );

If I run the query from an interactive session it works fine. I've
other programs that work fine, but none of them connect to "template1"
or attempt to access the system tables. Is there some sort of access
restriction related to the system tables?

Thanks.

--
John Burski
I.T. Manager