Re: DBD::Pg 0.96 and DBI 1.15 ignoring username and password

From: Mark Stosberg <mark(at)summersault(dot)com>
To: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, dbi-users(at)perl(dot)org
Subject: Re: DBD::Pg 0.96 and DBI 1.15 ignoring username and password
Date: 2001-04-16 01:46:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Brett,

I believe this due to a bug in DBD::Pg .96. See the recent thread on
the dbi-users list entitled:

"bug in DBD::Pg .96-- connect user mishandled?"

A patch is in the works, and a workaround seems to be to use
$ENV{DBI_USER} and $ENV{DBI_PASS} to set the username and password,
which seem to be respected appropriately.

-mark

--

http://mark.stosberg.com/