Re: Recognize unique indexes

From: "Tomas Fulajtar" <tomas(dot)fulajtar(at)moraviapress(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp
Subject: Re: Recognize unique indexes
Date: 2001-04-06 06:52:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Tomas Fulajtar wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I'am using MSAccess 97 with Postgres 7.0x as
> > backend. ODBC driver parameter <Recognize unique
> > indexes> is set to on. When i link table as an ODBC,
> > access manager ask me for unique index for each table.
> > Why don't it recognize my table's primary or foreign keys
> > ? I must set this manualy. I want to link table in VBA
> > code dynamicaly, but for this reason it is impossible
> > (when i do'nt set any field as index, i can't update any
> > table). What solution is for it?
> >

> Which version of psqlodbc driver are you using ?
>
> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

I solved this problem by upgrading driver to version
7.01.0004. Everything is ok now, each index is
recognized correctly. Only when I link tables without any
unique index i must set index manually to oid.
At end I have a question - what is better for performance
- set recognize unique indexes to on (this require tables
with primary keys ) or set to on fake index. I am using
tables with multi column primary keys.

Thanks for any answer

Tomas Fulajtar