ecpg bug and patch

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: Postgresql <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: ecpg bug and patch
Date: 2001-03-28 09:17:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

	I've been doing some tests with writing int8 to the database using
ecpg. This does not work if the long long variable is in a structure, as
it is not recognised as a simple type.

The patch is attached, but is not very satisfactory. Moving the
definition of

                ECPGt_long_long, ECPGt_unsigned_long_long

up to before ECPGt_varchar causes the resulting application to crash, as
it finds an ECPGt_union, where it should haven found an ECPGt_EOIT (I
think), and I could not figure out where the static offset comes from.

Another problem with ecpg is that it dies on the alpha for long long
variables unless

is set in config.h. It is not set by default.

Without fixing these int8 values cannot be written to the database.

Next:From: Adriaan JoubertDate: 2001-03-28 09:37:15