ecpg bug and patch

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: Postgresql <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: ecpg bug and patch
Date: 2001-03-28 09:17:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,

	I've been doing some tests with writing int8 to the database using
ecpg. This does not work if the long long variable is in a structure, as
it is not recognised as a simple type.

The patch is attached, but is not very satisfactory. Moving the
definition of

                ECPGt_long_long, ECPGt_unsigned_long_long

up to before ECPGt_varchar causes the resulting application to crash, as
it finds an ECPGt_union, where it should haven found an ECPGt_EOIT (I
think), and I could not figure out where the static offset comes from.

Another problem with ecpg is that it dies on the alpha for long long
variables unless

#define HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64

is set in config.h. It is not set by default.

Without fixing these int8 values cannot be written to the database.

Regards,

Adriaan

Next:From: Adriaan JoubertDate: 2001-03-28 09:37:15