PostgreSQL and PHP - some Great Bridge news

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-PHP list <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PHP-DB <php-db(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net>
Subject: PostgreSQL and PHP - some Great Bridge news
Date: 2001-03-26 21:00:30
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-generalpgsql-php
All,

I'm pleased to announce two initiatives at Great Bridge aimed at
improving the integration of PostgreSQL and PHP, and some exciting stuff
that we're doing as a company to get behind PHP more fully.

First, Great Bridge is partnering with Zend Technologies to include a
fully-integrated installation of PHP in an upcoming Web developer's
edition of Great Bridge PostgreSQL.  In addition to
professionally-supported PHP (and other open source Web technologies),
we'll also give our customers the chance to purchase Zend's value-added
PHP tools (IDE, cache, encoder, and more...)  Zend  is a major
contributor to the open source PHP effort, and we're very happy to be
working with them.

Secondly, we're pleased to announce that three PHP core developers have
joined the Great Bridge advisory committee- Rasmus Lerdorf, the creator
of PHP; Thies Arntzen, an expert in PHP-database connectivity; and
Sascha Schumann, PHP author and provider of high-performance webchat
solutions.  Rasmus, Thies, and Sascha will work with us to help craft
our Web developer products and services, including (of course) a fully
optimized free download package.  We'll be putting some development
energy into the PHP-Postgres interface, and look for other ways the two
open source projects can help each other.

We're also very interested in hacker feedback as to what you'd like to
see in a software and service package that revolves around the Web
development "stack."  What kind of tools, building blocks, and
applications would you like to see commercially supported?  Don't be shy
- please email me at ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com with any suggestions.  I'll
also be at ApacheCon in a few weeks if you'd like to get together in person.

Thanks,
Ned

Ned Lilly                     e: ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Stephen van EgmondDate: 2001-03-26 22:53:23