Re: Odd 'except' and 'default' interaction behavior

From: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: phil(at)netroedge(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, rob_fightmaster(at)ren(dot)netroedge(dot)com
Subject: Re: Odd 'except' and 'default' interaction behavior
Date: 2001-03-25 23:05:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Phil,

There is a place on the techdocs.postgresql.org website that is purely
for listing gotcha's like this sounds to be. It's so people NOT running
the very latest and greatest versions of PostgreSQL can be aware of
known things to avoid doing, potentical gotcha's, etc.

Can you tell me more about this strange behaviour? If it's appropriate,
I'll try to get it onto the techdocs website.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Tom Lane wrote:

> phil(at)netroedge(dot)com writes:
> > We noticed a strange behavior involving 'except' and 'default'
> > interaction. Example from psql:
>
> This is a known bug. It's fixed in 7.1.
>
> regards, tom lane

- Indira Gandhi