compile failure on Suse 7.1

From: Matthew Easton <matthew(at)sublunar(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: compile failure on Suse 7.1
Date: 2001-03-25 09:28:40
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello,

Says on your site that you want to hear about compile failures at this
email address. Here goes:

I downloaded and uncompressed the source from the main site I think.

It configures with no errors
makes with no errors
make install quits with multiple iterations of

"make[2]***No rule to make target `postgres1024'. Stop"

Platform:

Dual processor, PIII, 2.4 kernel. Mostly the default, very recent,
Suse7.1 "networked workstation with office" installation. (I added
apache module, and a few other things). Perhaps there are a few
libraries that I should have, but are not documented?

I'm rather new to compiling from source. If this is an interesting
issue and you want more information, please be explicit about how I
gather it.

If you have any hints about how I can get Postgres up-and-running, I'd
be grateful to learn them.

Thank you.

Matt Easton

By the way, I decided to look into postgresql after reading Marcel
Gagne's recent article
at http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue84/4568.html