odbc bug?

From: Lonnie Cumberland <Lonnie_Cumberland(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: odbc bug?
Date: 2001-03-15 15:45:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

I have been trying for a VERY LONG time to get PostgreSQL 7.0.x to talk
to various odbc managers such as unixODBC and OpenLink iODBC which is
the latest.

The problem is that no matter what I try, I am getting the errors that
it cannot connect to the database server.

My development system is a PIII 500Mhz running Mandrake Linux 7.2 and I
have installed the Postgresql 7.0.3 mdk rpms and also Postgresql-odbc
7.0.3-8mdk.rpm as well with the drivers.

With OpenLink iODBC version 2.50-3, my configuration files are:

odbc.ini
;
; odbc.ini
;
[ODBC Data Sources]
OpenLink = OpenLink (MT)

[PostgreSQL]
Description = PostgreSQL driver for Linux
Driver = PostgreSQL
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log
Host = localhost
ServerType = PostgreSQL
FetchBufferSize = 99
UserName =
Password =
Database =
ServerOptions =
ConnectOptions =
Options =
ReadOnly = no
Port = 5432
;Protocol = 6.4
;RowVersioning = No
;ShowSystemTables = No
;ShowOidColumn = No
;FakeOidIndex = No
;ConnSettings =

and odbcinst.ini
[PostgreSQL]
Description = PostgreSQL driver for Linux
Driver = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage = 1

I have tried to simply run the "postgresql" script located in the
/etc/init.d directory and also have tried to run:

su -l postgres -c "postmaster -i -d 2 -p 5432 -D /var/lib/pgsql/data "

but in every case it seems to be the same thing and I am not sure if
your drivers are working.

My goal is to use PosegreSQL 7.0.3 with MetaHTML to interface to some
HTML code for our site being developed.

Can you please help???

Best Regards,
Lonnie Cumberland