Re: Reg. PostgreSQL ( tips)

From: Justin Clift <jclift(at)iprimus(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Vamsi Krishna <vamsi_it(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reg. PostgreSQL ( tips)
Date: 2001-03-10 04:12:10
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi Vamsi,

This update is being forwarded to the pgsql-docs mailing list also.

As the info is for an older version of PostgreSQL (version 7.0.3 is the
latest released version), I'm not sure they'll include it in their
present manuals. The information is useful for RedHat Linux users with
the standard RPM's though!

It will however, go onto the techdocs.postgresql.org site, as that site
is for all versions of PostgreSQL, including the older ones.

I'd be interested to hear if the same method works for RedHat 7.0 (it
has version 7.0.2 of PostgreSQL with it), if you decide to install that
version later on, or if you know someone that has.

Thanks heaps for your information. It's good to see people contributing
to the knowledge of the community as a whole. :-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift