Re: upgrade 7.0 -> 7.1 using pg_upgrade

From: Randy Hall <rhall(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: upgrade 7.0 -> 7.1 using pg_upgrade
Date: 2001-03-07 14:33:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

This is not a bug. pg_upgrade is not compatible with 7.1 and is not
included in the source tree. You will need to do a full dump and
restore. If your database also contains large objects, you will need to
use pg_dumplo_old from the 7.1 source tree to export 7.0 large objects.
Then use pg_dumplo from the 7.1 tree to restore those objects in your
new 7.1 database.

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org wrote:

> AR (thomas(at)poczta(dot)fm) reports a bug with a severity of 3
>
> Short Description
> upgrade 7.0 -> 7.1 using pg_upgrade
>
> Long Description
> Can't upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 using pg_upgrade script. In script is used data/base/template1 directory to do sth, but in 7.1 is only /base/1 and /base/18sth directory ...
>
> Sample Code
>
> No file was uploaded with this report

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Randy Hall Great Bridge, LLC
Sr. Knowledge Engineer 253 Monticello Avenue
Red Hat Certified Engineer Norfolk, VA 23510