Re: PostgreSQL

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Samuel Sanchez <ssanchez(at)ea(dot)oac(dot)uci(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-03-06 15:40:03
Lists: pgsql-ports
> I noticed you mentioned that you were able to set up PostgreSQL under
> SunOS.  We have SunOS 5.7.  What method did you use to install it, I am
> having problems.  By the way, the administrators don't give me root
> access, so I am only left with the option of installing it within my own
> profile space.  any help or reference to help would be appreciated.  Thank
> you.  I know that the people mentioned in your list were the ones able to
> claim this installation, but you may have a FAQ page that I can't find on
> installation.

You must follow the installation procedure in the docs, substituting
your own paths for the /usr/... paths mentioned there.

I have an installation built under /home/thomas/src/pgsql which installs
into /home/thomas/local and this works just fine (not on Solaris, but
the principles are the same).

                    - Thomas