7.2 tools (was: WAL's single point of failure: latest CHECKPOINT record)

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)greatbridge(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Justin Clift <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: 7.2 tools (was: WAL's single point of failure: latest CHECKPOINT record)
Date: 2001-03-02 02:03:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yes, there is backend functionality on tap for 7.2 (see TODO) that will need to
be in place before the tools Justin mentions can be properly built.

We're very interested in helping out with the tools, and will be talking to the
-hackers list more about our ideas once 7.1 is out the door.

Regards,
Ned