Re: Permission denied while insert

From: Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez <jose-manuel(dot)lorenzo-lopez(at)conti(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Permission denied while insert
Date: 2001-03-01 10:11:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:

> Jose Manuel Lorenzo Lopez <jose-manuel(dot)lorenzo-lopez(at)conti(dot)de> writes:
> > I created a table bdf_users as admin user 'postgres' and granted insert
> > access for this table to public.
> > Now I want to insert a line as user 'jose' (That's me!) and got the
> > following message:
> > ERROR: bdf_users: Permission denied.
>
> Hmm ... what does "\z bdf_users" (in psql) show?

\z bdf_users

Access permissions for database "jose"
Relation | Access permissions
-------------------------------
bdf_users | {"=ar"}

This seems to be okay!

> There is a bug in 7.0.* that causes the default owner's permissions to
> be forgotten when you do an explicit GRANT; you then have to re-grant
> ALL to yourself to reactivate the permissions you have by default. But
> that doesn't seem to apply to this case, since jose is not the owner of
> bdf_users if I understood you correctly.

Yes, the table was created by the admin user 'postgres' and this user
is able to insert, update, ... The only thing that user 'jose' is able
to is doing select on the table bdf_users. Thank you otherwise for the
advice
about the bug in 7.0.* :)

Best regards,

José Manuel Lorenzo López

** José Manuel Lorenzo López **
** **
** ICA Informationssysteme Consulting & Anwendungsgesellschaft mbH **
** Dept. SAP Basis R/3 VBue **
** **
** e-mail to: jose-manuel(dot)lorenzo-lopez(at)conti(dot)de **