Updatable Views

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, sqllist <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Updatable Views
Date: 2001-02-28 19:13:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Tom,

A while back you posted a rather intimidating e-mail regarding
updatable views. Thanks to some reading (Fabian Pascal) I understand
what you were talking about. My question is, are updatable views
implemented in 7.1, or is this still vaporware?

And, for that matter, when is 7.1 expected to be out of beta?

-Josh Berkus

P.S. Let me suggest again that you let us application developer-types
field the newbie questions so that you can focus on the hard issues and
developing the database engine.

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533