Re: different methods to transfer data

From: Justin Clift <aa2(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
To: Manika Dey <bithi(at)plasma(dot)ernet(dot)in>
Cc: Peter Mount <petermount(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>, postgres-inter <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: different methods to transfer data
Date: 2001-02-07 00:08:53
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi Manika,

How are they stored on your WindowsNT systems?  Are they already in some
form of database?

If you have ODBC connectivity in their already stored format, that is
one way of doing it.

If you can convert them to a CSV file, that is another way of doing it
(there are drawbacks and benefits in this).

Can you give us more info as to how it's presently stored (text file(s),
MS SQL, MS Access, etc), what types of data, and so on?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift
Database Administrator/Programmer