Re: Security hole in PL/pgSQL

From: KuroiNeko <evpopkov(at)carrier(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Security hole in PL/pgSQL
Date: 2001-01-29 16:01:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> the new EXECUTE command in PL/pgSQL is a security hole.

 This actually  depends but I must  admit that I'm concerned  too. However,
the responsibility  for the results  should be split adequately  IMHO. DBAs
should  take care  about unathorized  access  to PGSQL  server, that's  why
pg_hba.conf  is there.  Programmers allowed  in  must make  sure that  only
relative paths or trusted directories are accessed (stripping out `../' and
prepending a  pre-defined path is  a must) Also, implementation  of EXECUTE
should probably rely upon execle() with environment dropped to known secure
 Sorry if this all is already taken into consideration. Just want to second
Jan's statement.